"2020 Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT):
Guideline for ASEAN Faculty Members Enrolled in Graduate Programs"
* Target : Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei, Singapore (10 Countries)
* Track : PhD
* Major : Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering
◦ Applicants who have a citizenship of an ASEAN country, and is a professor working at a university in his/her home country.
◦ Applicants who are lecturing at a 4-year college/university * level of HEI: bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who have a highest educational attainment is a master’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who are in good health both physically and mentally to allow then to pursue their study while residing
in Korea for the long term.
◦ Applicants who have discussed about their study leave with the university they originally belong to, as well as about
how to contribute to their school after their return.
◦ Applicants who is younger than 45 years old as of the day that the doctoral course starts (i.e. September 1, 2020).
◦ Applicants who have sufficient level of proficiency in Korean language or English.
◦ Applicants who meet the university’s additional requirements
* How to apply : through Korea University Graduate School International Admission
- Spring / Fall semester during online application period
* Procedure to Complete Submission
- Admission application form
- Recommendation letter from professors from previous institution
- Certificate of Master’s degree and official transcript
- Study plan /resume/ curriculum vitae
- Certificate of an applicant and his/her parents’ nationality and certificate of family relation - A photocopy of your passport
- Certificate of authorized medical Exam (issued within 1year)
- The original official score of TOEFL iBT 80(or above), IELTS 5.5(or above), TEPS 550(or above) or TOPIK level 3(or above)
。 Submit two additional documents below via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permission for study abroad (please request a form via the email above if needed)
* Award Benefits
◦ 3 years of Doctoral programs (September 1. 2020 ~ August 31.2023)
◦ Roundtrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class ticket.
◦ Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month.
◦ Relocation (Settlement) Allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
◦ Tuitions: All admission fees are waived by the host institution.
◦ Dissertation Printing Costs: 400~600 USD, depending on the actual costs.
◦ Language Training Fee and Medical Insurance: the amount coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university.
◦ Others: various incidental allowance depend on universities
* Selection Procedures
The selection process for scholars will proceed in three steps.
◦ (1st Selection) applicants must be selected by one of the designated universities.
◦ (2nd Selection) applicants who passed the first step must be assigned by the KCUE and be endorsed the list of the grantees by SOM-ED
◦ (3rd Selection) applicants who passed the second step must gain admission from a university.
* Applicants must apply for this program through only one university. Applicants who submit applications to more than one university will be disqualified immediately.
◦ All documents including transcript, self-introduction, study plan, certificates of language proficiency (Korean and/or English), recommendations, published papers and awards, etc., will be evaluated by the university.
◦ Applicants should consult with the university they originally belong to (or with their Ministry of Education) very thoroughly about their study leave for the duration of their doctoral study in Korea, and how to contribute to their school when they return home after finishing their studies in Korea.
◦ Applicants must submit a letter that contains the official seal of their university president confirming their employment status at the university, as well as his/her approval on studying in Korea.
Place of Submission: University Admission’s Office
One of the 6 designated universities accept applications directly from an applicant. KCUE accepts only the recommended by universities
Deadline of Submission: The date will be decided by each university
through Korea University Graduate School International Admission
◦ Application Period: decision by each university
◦ Official Physical Examination: decision by each university (completed by candidates themselves)
◦ Announcement for Final Grantees: the end of June (notified by the university in person and KCUE websites)
◦ Entry into Korea: until August 31
◦ 2020 1st Semester Course: September 1st
For further information, please contact:
◦ University Admission: Refer to University Information
◦ The guideline, and university information will be available at the website of KCUE (www.kcue.or.kr), and entrusted domestic universities.
◦ Korean Council for University Education (KCUE) www.kcue.or.kr
‣ 대교협 홈페이지(Korean website): 게시판 → 공지사항 → Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT)
‣ 대교협 홈페이지(English website): News → Higher Education News → Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT)