1. Admission Schedule
Period of application : Feb. 7, 2019 ~ Mar. 1, 2019
(All the hard copy of documents should be arrived no later than March 1, 2019 by DHL, FEDEX or EMS.)
Acceptance Announcement : June, 2019 by NIIED
2. Eligibility Requirements
Please see "2019 KGSP-G Application Guidelines" from NIIED. (see attachment)
* GKS (KGSP) awardees cannot bring their family including spouse during the Korean language course before the degree program.
* TOPIK level 4 is mandatory for graduation of post-graduate program in KU.
* Apostille or consul verified (stamped) degree certificate should be additionally and directly submitted to Korea University after your admission decision before your beginning of post-graduate program in KU. You should get your diploma(or degree certificate) until Aug. 2019.
3. Field of Study
We will select up to 20 candidates from all the quota-assigned countries and recommend them to NIIED. We can recommend up to 3 candidates from a single country.
Not all candidates can get the scholarship. The NIIED will determine the final candidates.
Please see the "List of departments" for the applicable major.(see attachment)
Student can apply for a single major of one department.
We have 2 campuses. Sejong campus is located in Sejong city and it takes more than 2 hours from Seoul by car.
4. Required document
Please see "2019 KGSP-G Application Guideline" from NIIED and application form.
※ All required documents should be submitted by the due date (March 1, 2019). Please submit them by DHL , FEDEX or EMS.
5. Contact (Postal address)
GKS (KGSP) program, Administration Team
Room 126B, Graduate School bldg.
Graduate School of Korea University
145 Anam-ro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 02841, Korea
Phone : +82-2-3290-1358, Fax : +82-2-925-2633
E-mail : email@example.com Website : http://graduate2.korea.ac.kr
*Application for GSIS (Graduate School of International Studies) is only available by recommendation of Korean Embassy.Please check detail information of KGSP to KOREA embassy located in your country.
* The following departments are NOT included in KGSP.
(Medicine, Global MBA)
6. Total Quota by two categories
|Quota for Korean Embassy|
|Quota for designated University|
Success rate of admission of Korea University is as follows in 2018 KGSP;
|University Track||Embassy Track||Total|
|Selected from University|
7. Korean Language Institution : NIIED has designated about 10 language institutions for the Korean language course. The main language institution placement principle is different area from Korea University in order to provide a chance of exploring variable Korean cultures and immerge on Korean language learning with professional environments for scholars. Korean Language institute will be arranged by NIIED. It is not located in Seoul. GKS(KGSP) awardees should pass TOPIK level 3 during the Korean Language course before degree program. And, GKS(KGSP) awardees must stay in dormitory during the Korean Language course.
8. If applicants miss the deadline of university recommendation, there is another opportunity to get recommendation by Korean Embassy for GKS(KGSP). Please contact Korean Embassy in your home country in person. But, Chinese should contact CSC instead of Korean Embassy. Applicants for GKS(KGSP) need to choose either recommendation by university or recommendation by Korean Embassy.