<You can choose among one of Tracks, Embassy or University to be accepted to Korea University before you apply>
Embassy Track : You should contact your Embassy directly not us. It's separate from the University Track.
University Track (to Korea University) : The guildeline is like the below.
▣ Admission Schedule
Period of application : during February
Acceptance Announcement : June, 2021 by NIIED (expected)
The applicatoin notice will be updated in early Februay.
▣ Application Guideline
* Guideline will be noticed Early Feb. each year.
* Not Eligible : those who are pregnant (disqualified upon discovery)
* GKS awardees cannot bring their family including spouse during the Korean language course before the degree program.
* TOPIK level 4 is mandatory for graduation of post-graduate program in KU.
* Apostille or consul verified (stamped) degree certificate should be additionally and directly submitted to Korea University after your admission decision before your beginning of post-graduate program in KU. You should get your diploma(or degree certificate) until Aug. 2021.
[2021 Guideline for GKS] For more informations, you can refer to the recent guideline of GKS application from NIIED.
▣ Field of Study
<List of departments>
We will select up to 25 candidates from all the quota-assigned countries and recommend them to NIIED. We can recommend up to 4 candidates from a single country.
Student can apply for a single major of one department.
▣ Documents Submission (Only for the University Track)
All required documents should be submitted by the due date (Februay 28, 2020). Please submit them by DHL , FEDEX or EMS.
GKS program, Academic Affairs Team
Room 126B, Graduate School bldg.
Graduate School of Korea University
145 Anam-ro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 02841, Korea
Phone : +82-2-3290-1358, Fax : +82-2-925-2633
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://graduate2.korea.ac.kr
* Application for GSIS (Graduate School of International Studies) is only available by recommendation of Korean Embassy.
▣ Korean Language Institution
NIIED has designated about 10 language institutions for the Korean language course. The main language institution placement principle is different area from Korea University in order to provide a chance of exploring variable Korean cultures and immerge on Korean language learning with professional environments for scholars. Korean Language institute will be arranged by NIIED. It is not located in Seoul. GKS(KGSP) awardees should pass TOPIK level 3 during the Korean Language course before degree program. And, GKS(KGSP) awardees must stay in dormitory during the Korean Language course.
If applicants miss the deadline of university recommendation, there is another opportunity to get recommendation by Korean Embassy for GKS. Please contact Korean Embassy in your home country in person. But, Chinese should contact CSC instead of Korean Embassy. Applicants for GKS(KGSP) need to choose either recommendation by university or recommendation by Korean Embassy.