This application schedule is for the 2022 Fall Semester.
1. International Students
Citizenship status is determined at the time of application submission.
Both the applicant and applicant’s parent(s) must be non-Korean citizens.
- If the applicant and applicant’s parent(s) have multiple citizenship including Korean citizenship, the applicants are not regarded as international students.
If the applicant and applicant’s parent(s) renounced their Korean citizenship, please refer to the below.
A. Both the applicant and applicant’s parent(s) should submit official documents to prove their loss of Korean citizenship.
B. If the applicant and applicant's parent(s) renounced Korean citizenship, official documents (i.e. Declaration of Loss of Nationality, Family Relations Certificate) must be provided as evidence even if the applicant and the applicant's parent(s) possess citizenship of another country and have never lived in Korea previously. The document must contain explicit details on the loss of Korean citizenship and its date.
C. Submitting an application for renunciation of Korean citizenship as a proof of one's loss of Korean citizenship is not considered valid.
Adopted applicants are eligible to apply as an international student only if the applicant obtained a citizenship of another country (other than Korea). However, proof of the loss of Korean citizenship must be submitted.
When an applicant’s parent with legal custody is remarried to a Korean citizen, even if the applicant has not been adopted by both parents through a legal process, the applicant will not be eligible to apply as an international applicant.
2. Overseas Korean (+16 years)
The applicant must have completed regular primary, secondary and higher education, equivalent to Grades 1 to 12 and Bachelor (or Master or Ph.D) in the Korean education system in overseas.
3. Language Proficiency Requirements: Please submit one or more of the following documents.
|A. Korean||A score report of TOPIK level 3 or higher
★ Program in Global Korean Language and Culture Studies: TOPIK 5 or higher
★ Department of Cyber Security: TOPIK 6
★ For the Business Analytics(BA) major in the College of Business Administration, Korean language qualification is mandatory.
★ Program in Humanities and East Asian Cultural Industry : TOPIK 5 or higher / Only applicants who graduated from all majors of humanities, liberal arts and social sciences can apply
|B. English||1) TOEFL iBT 80(My Best Score is acceptable) or higher The Institutional Testing Program(ITP) TOEFL and TOEFL Home Edition are NOT acceptable.
2) Academic IETLS 5.5 or higher The IELTS Home Test(Indicator) is NOT acceptable.
3) New TEPS 327 or higher
★ For the Management, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, International Business, MIS and LSOM majors in the College of Business Administration, English language qualification is mandatory.
|C. Others|| Applicants who meet one of the following options below:
1) Native English Speaker(Refer to the list of the countries exempt from the English Proficiency Requirement)
2) Applicants who have completed their degree program(BA, MA, and Ph.D) in the English speaking countries
3) Applicants who have completed their degree program(BA, MA, and Ph.D) in Korea
4) Applicants whose major is the “Korean Language” in overseas.
5) Applicants who are recommended by the department that the applicants have a proper language ability to study in Korea. (※A recommendation letter for the language proficiency from the Department is required.)
【Countries exempt from the English Proficiency Requirement】
※ In case the applicants would like to apply for the KU Scholarship program, he/she need to submit an original copy of one of the English proficiency test scores as mandatory even though they are English native speaker or have completed their degree program in English speaking countries.